Top 10 Twitter Tips for Newbies
Twitter has been online since the last five years now. Just like Facebook, Twitter has created its own massive following online, with tweeting and retweeting defining a new meaning. Be it bloggers, freelancers, businesses, celebrities or even regular people, everyone has taken to Twitter big time. As a blogger, business or a freelancer, if you are planning to enter the Twitter world and want to build your own following and brand online, then read the below given 10 Twitter tips for newbies. All the 10 tips are intended to help newbies swim quicker in the realm of this very popular social media site.
- The first tip for every newbie is to be real and not fake. Give your real name or company name. It is also very important to upload a photo. Your real photo is generally recommended, as it helps create an instant and direct impact among fellow tweeters.
- If you have implemented on the first tip, then the second basic tip is to write a short description in your 160-character bio. Make your bio creative and interesting and give a little about yourself and your business. Don’t overdo creativity or else you will sound boring. Use one or two #tags in your bio for a greater effect while leaving a link of your website or business in it. If you are unsure, then check a few bios before writing one.
- Start following your friends, like-minded people and businesses, industry experts and also those, whose work you admire (not necessarily related to your business).
- Start by sharing your blogs, articles, promotional activities, any breaking news, quotes, etc., that you feel like sharing, is engaging, useful and that will help build your identity online. While linking to a blog or article, use a short link like bit.ly instead of the entire linked title.
- In addition to sharing your own stuff, retweeting and sharing your follower’s blog, an industry expert’s content or any other fascinating work in relation to your business is highly advisable. This will not only help you gain followers but it will also give some new and useful content to your followers.
- Reply to tweets sent to you while thanking those who retweet your tweets or share your link. This helps in building good online relationships. Remember a late thank you tweet is always better than sending none at all.
- Use hash tags (#) wherever applicable to widen your conversation and viewers. However use them sensibly as too many hashtags can get annoying.
- Do not sell all the time or write about routine things regularly.
- Tweet regularly. One or two tweets every day is adequate. If you have more to share, then you can definitely tweet and share more. However you need to plan and space your tweets in such a scenario. Do not fall into the zone of tweeting today and then disappearing from Twitter for a week or two.
- Stop thinking too much about followers. They will come while you tweet on a regular basis, find and share original content, ask questions, reply to others, listen to what people are saying and just enjoy yourself while building your identity and brand online.
There are many more tips that can help you build your niche in Twitter. However the above tips top my list. If you feel that there are some more top tips that can be added to the list, then do write it in the comment box. Twitter newbies, including me would love to know!
About Entwining WordsWe are a content writing service provider, based in the IT capital of India, Bangalore. We are specialized in writing and providing quality articles, reviews, rewriting material and blogs for businesses in India and overseas. We guarantee quality and reliable work, churned at the said deadline and at a reasonable price.
- Top Websites for Teaching & Tutoring Job Seekers
- Top 6 Beauty Essentials for Monsoon
- 4 Basic Tips to Write a Great Headline for Twitter
- My List of 26 Trusted Freelance Job Sites Online
- Top Tips for Healthy Cooking, Eating and Living
- Top 7 Content Writing Topics for Bloggers
- 10 Best Diabetes-Friendly Fruits
- Top 10 Twitter Tips for Newbies
- Why is My Blog Not Attracting Traffic?
- The Best Way To Find Your Dream Home
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- 41,416 hits